Durbuk is a village located in the Union Territory of Ladakh. It is around 120 km from Leh and takes 3 hours to reach there from the main Leh town. It is situated at an elevation of about 12500 feet high. Durbuk is known for its strategic all-weather location, which connects Durbuk Shyok DBO road.
Durbuk market comes in the way to Pangong Lake. A small junction at Durbuk market, which is the intersection of three roads, leads to Leh, Nubra, and Pangong. Travelers usually make a stop at this place while traveling to and fro Pangong. At the center of the junction, there is a beautiful structure carved with Ladakhi design, and there are small shops and cafes around.
|Total area||858 hectares|
|Cropped area||72 hectares|
|Irrigated area||72 hectares|
|Irrigation Water source||Stream|
- The village offers a beautiful view of a desert landscape with a few households located in different places.
- Shyok valley lies at the east of Durbuk at a distance of around 30 km.
- Pangong is towards the south of Durbuk at a distance of around 40 km.
- Indus valley is situated towards the west of Durbuk.
- Durbuk village is a part of the Darbuk block.
- Durbuk village is a sparsely populated area with a population of 852 people with 416 males and 436 females.
- 10% of the population is below six years of age.
- Durbuk village has a literacy rate of 59.97%, with male literates 298 and female literates 213.
- The total number of households in the Durbuk village is 160.
- Darbuk block comes under the administration of Leh district headquarter.
- There are a total of seven Panchayat Halqas in the Darbuk block.
- The population of the whole Darbuk block is 4911 whereas, the number of males is 2450 and females is 2461.
- The total number of households in the Darbuk block is 858.
- The literacy rate of the whole Darbuk block is 66.19%, with the number of male literate are 1701 and female literate are 1165.
If you are looking forward to a vacation in Ladakh, choose from our Ladakh Tour Packages or contact us for any inquiries.
Best time to visit Durbuk
April to October is a good time to visit Durbuk. During these months, the climate is pleasant, and the road to Durbuk would be in a good condition to travel.
How to reach Durbuk?
The easiest way to get to Durbuk is to reach Leh by flight and then hire a taxi from Leh to Durbuk. Most tourists visit Durbuk during their tour to Pangong Lake, as it comes on the way to Pangong Tso.
Routes to Durbuk
Read this post to know how to reach Leh. Once you reach Leh by air or by road, use the following route to reach Durbuk.
- Leh – Durbuk
- Leh – Nubra – Durbuk
Leh to Durbuk route
|Leh||Thiksey||20 km||30 min|
|Thiksey||Karu||15 km||20 min|
|Karu||Durbuk||80 km||2 hrs|
This is the shortest and most convenient route to reach Durbuk from Leh. A road trip to Durbuk via this route will also allow you to visit some known tourist attractions on the way. Some known places include Thiksey, Shey, Rambir Pora, Chang La Pass and more.
Leh to Durbuk via Nubra
|Leh||KhardungLa||39 km||70 min|
|Khardung La||Nubra||77 km||2 hrs|
|Nubra||Durbuk||112 km||3 hrs|
Take this route if you decide to visit Nubra valley first and then go to Durbuk. You can plan a trip to Pangong from Nubra and then, on the way to Pangong, you can visit Durbuk.